Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kajagoogoo Versus Limahl Part 1

Where do I begin.  How in the world did I ever fall in love with this band.  I think it all started with a little video called Too Shy.

There he was, so young so adorable, singing his heart out, trying to get some girl to not be so shy.  Trust me I was rooting for them the whole time. But it was to never be. Or was it? Who knows what might have happened if the song had a sequel.  I mean, we were all ecstatic when the girl got her boy in Take on Me after that awful fight and him giving it his all to break through to her through another dimension.  Only to leave her lonely and sad in the sequel song The Sun Always Shines on TV.

But I digress.  I watched Too Shy every chance that I got. Always imagining my self as the waitress, toying with the affections of handsome Limahl.  Slowly but surely new songs and videos replaced outplayed ones and Too Shy was to be no more. 


Until The Neverending Story came about.  I was thrilled! "Hey! its that guy that sang for that band!" I said excitedly while my kids shushed me during the beginning of the movie.  Yeah I know they could have cared less.  But I did.  I even thought he was Swedish or German or something, Limahl? what an unusual name!

Was I in for a surprise...

No comments:

Post a Comment