Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Love of 80s Music

Seeing as how this is my first blog, I wanted to write about something that was close to my heart.  I love music, but specifically I love 80s music.  It really sets off something inside me that I cannot explain. Perhaps I will be able to as I continue. 

To be perfectly honest, my love of 80s music did not really begin until about 10 years ago.  I know, I know we all lived through the 80s, most of us that were old enough to, but somehow only some of the music stayed with me through out the passing years.  I credit the music videos for that. Quite a few of them were very unforgettable.  Take for instance, one of my all time favorite bands of the 80s A-ha.  Their video Take On Me was remarkable and extremely creative, not too mention the fabulous voice of their lead singer Morten Harket.

The New Wave sound surfaced during the 80s, so there were quite a few bands that had hit songs that I liked.  Bands like Tears for Fears, Talking Heads, and Men Without Hats.  The same with the New Romantic sound, I was enamored with bands such as; Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran and Ultravox.

But during that decade of big hair, wild colors and skinny pants, the hits that were being made were still on vinyl and also were produced on cassette tape (if you don't know what that is, look it up). But unfortunately it seemed as though quite a few of the bands that I liked, never made it big here in America, so I was never able obtain much of a collection.  What's that they say, "Out of Sight, Out of Mind?  Because that is exactly what happened.


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment