Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Trick or Treat!

Well everyone, its that time of the year again.  Time to dust off the old leather apron and dig that hockey mask out of the attic.  Yep, you guessed it, its Halloween! And what better way to celebrate that most phenomenal of holidays than with music!

I wanted to do something different this year, but alas, time has eluded me and well, I guess I'm going to have to do a bit research to find out what is the best Halloween music is...

And you know how I roll on the holidays, I manage to segue just a little bit of every decade in just because I can and well, it makes it more fun gosh darn it, don't you think so? 

So here is a small list of the some of the best Halloweenie tunes from decades past to present, for you to either revisit or visit for the first time.



This is Halloween from Nightmare Before Christmas




Highway to Hell by AC/DC




Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult




Creep by Radiohead




Superstition by Stevie Wonder




Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon




Deal with the Devil by Pop Evil





Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr.




Monster Mash by Bobby Boris Pickett




Thriller by Michael Jackson


Well there you have it, just to name a few, I would like to thank Billboard magazine for their expertise in this area and give them credit for their list. Now I want to make a list of my own.


 

Feed My Frankenstein by Alice Cooper



Silent Lucidity by Queensryche




Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson



Cry Little Sister by Gerald McMann



Killing Moon by Echo and The Bunnymen



Spellbound by Siouxsie and The Banshees



Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo



War Pigs by Black Sabbath



Lucretia (My Reflection) by Sisters of Mercy



Halloween by Kirsty MacColl




So there you have my list for Halloween.  Enjoy and feel free to add some favorites of your own in the comment section.  Now if you will excuse me I have some rusty chains to attend to...

Happy Haunting...............................................




No comments:

Post a Comment