Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Shhh...Here that? It's the Winds of Change"

Well howdy everyone! I know it's been eons since I've posted a blog, but then again, why write for the sake of writing huh?  Let's just say I didn't have anything new to talk about for awhile ;)

So.  Now that its a new year, there are just so many things that I want to accomplish that I will have to make a list.  Why? Well because my brain won't hold them all silly.  (you guys crack me up)

The first thing I wanted to do was attend some concerts.  The Specials, OMD, and in July-Peter Murphy. However it doesn't look as though that's going to happen.  Which makes me sad, but everything happens for  a reason right?  Right.

I am however really excited about working on my album though.  In case no one is aware that I sing (try) I do.  I have been wanting to make an album for some time now and actually have the resources to do so. It be all covers of 80s tunes (surprise!) and the title of the album will be Pimps Like Me.  Hopefully I won't have to explain what that means to too many people, I think most of you will get the gist.

I had thought about the contents of this album for quite a few  years now, I didn't want to do anything too over the top but I wanted to have somewhat of a challenge also. Having said that here is the list of the first 5 tunes I would like to record:

1.  Advice for the Young at Heart by Tears for Fears

2.  A View to a Kill by Duran Duran

3.  Steppin' Out by Joe Jackson

4.  Human Racing by Nik Kershaw

5.  Talk of the Town by The Pretenders

I am probably going to have some issues with Human Racing as there are not any backing tracks for it anywhere that I can see.  If I can't find one I will then replace it with Wouldn't It Be Good, another awesome Nik Kershaw tune.

I haven't put much thought into what the next 5 will be, I want to focus on these first.  Feed back would be nice from any of you consummate professionals out there, or someone who just wants to help out.  I like input. :)  It helps me think more thoroughly.  

So that's it.  The first of many more blogs to come.  I hope everyone is having a great week so far and that if you celebrate Easter, it is a glorious one.  If not, have a faboo weekend of your choice.

Loves and Hugs
80sMusicGirl

PS.,  Johnny Hates Jazz has a new album coming out May 6th called Magnetized. It's ready for pre-order on pledgemusic.com.  They are on Twitter, Facebook and you will find a couple of radio stations of them on Jango.  if you haven't already check out the new tunes, they are amazing.

Okay, really leaving now..Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment